The outbreak of COVID-19 and the accompanying shut-down of the economy have created a crisis for foodservice operations – a tragedy for this industry that’s been well-documented. As most states have now re-opened and foodservice operators from all segments are planning or already executing on their re-opening, it is clear we are operating in a “New Normal”. Hygiene is paramount and social distancing is a reality we must contend with for the foreseeable future. So, how does an operator deal with this new normal? Positively, the FES manufacturer community has turned the “New Normal” into new innovation in FES by creating new products intended to help all types of operators succeed in reopening.
Recognizing that operators need these new innovations, and to ensure that dealers and reps are aware of them, we announced on May 28th that AQ would list, at no charge, five new ‘coping’ related products from any of our manufacturers. In the last month, we have already added over 500 new products to our database that you can quote to your operators. So, what are these ‘coping’ products adding new innovation in FES? We can’t explain all 500+ in this blog post, but here are five randomly chosen examples, to give you a taste.
- Bon Chef - TG-100 Touchless Disposable Glove Dispenser – an operator needs their employees to wear gloves, but how do their workers get them on after they have washed their hands without touching something else? Looks like Bon Chef has them covered. Find more information on AQ, and check out their You Tube video.
- Chowbotics - Hygienic robot salad server – salad bars are a no-no in the new normal, but your operator still wants to make made-to-order salads available to their patrons – so now what? A robot, of course! Look for it SOON on AQ and in the meantime, you can learn more on the Chowbotics website.
- E&R Moffat SDBU Touchless Hand Sanitizing Station – it looks like the kids will be going back to school in the fall, so K-12 operators will need to ensure clean hands. E&R Moffat has created a handwashing and rubbish station ideally suited to the young ones. Find it listed on the AQ UK database.
- MTL Technologies ALPINE-UV-390 UV Sanitizer Cabinet – Infrared kills the COVID-19 virus and many others, but how do you sanitize larger items or lots of items? MTL has created a stand-up refrigerator size UV cabinet to handle the job that's listed on AQ!
- San Jamar THDG986 Infrared Forehead Thermometer – your restaurant operator wants to check employee temperatures at the start of their shift, or your B&I operator wants to temp check their patrons. But where do you find the touchless variety of thermometers? San Jamar has them listed AQ now!
If you are a dealer and want to find these and other coping products on AQ, use one of these search terms to access the latest in new innovation in FES on AQ: “COVID-19”, “Coronavirus”, or “Personal Protective Equipment” (or “PPE”)
And if you are a manufacturer with coping products that you would like dealers to sell, get in touch with us at sales@AQ-FES.com, and we will get you set up.
We are all in this together, and together this will all get better.